A MUN Club has relaunched his activities
MUN or Modelling of the United Nations is a simulation of the United Nations General Assembly for high school students or university students in which they reflect on the major contemporary issues for our planet and bring multilateralism to life.
The work done in the MUN Club takes shape during an event that usually lasts between two and five days. This event consists of several committees that meet simultaneously to discuss pre-agendaed topics and draft resolutions. These committees are followed by a plenary session: the “General Assembly” which adopts or not adopts these resolutions.
The MUN Club allows you to develop “skills”. From the perspective of the oral of the Patent and the great oral
Grade 12, it becomes essential to master the art of speaking., within the Mun Club students find a training framework to work the ease of orality in front of the public: teachers, comrades, even outsiders. They become familiar with current events in the world and thus master a number of topics. THE MUN enjoys an image of exercise excellence that will be an asset during the postbac orientation.
The themes discussed this year in the NUM clubs of the Middle East network are:
– Cybersecurity – Cybercrime.
– The Arctic, a coveted space at the heart of tensions.
– Security Council: issues around current conflicts.
– Safeguarding heritage – Heritage’s contribution to sustainable human development
– COVID 19 – International pandemic management.
– The governance of the United Nations.
– A new governance of maritime spaces for sustainable development.